Saturday, August 25, 2007

Trevor Got His Tonsils Taken Out!


Last year Trevor had his adenoids removed to get rid of the fluid in his ear. We were hoping that by removing his adenoids, that his sleeping and speech issues would improve. A year later he was practically choking on his tonsils, therefore his sleeping and speech got worse!
Typically Trevor is very cooperative with the Doctor's, however this visit would be an exception. As I walked him down the hallway into the assigned room, he was crying and screaming "The Doctor is going to hurt me... I want my tonsils... he can't take them"! Then, as we entered the room and he saw the nurses he quickly ran back down the hallway towards the exit. Two nurses and I were chasing after him trying to catch him. I finally got him and had to carry him down the hallway, while restraining him from injuring me or himself. It was crazy! He never acted this way before. Once I got him to the room the nurses gave him some medicine that would "relax" him. After about ten minutes he acted like a drunken sailor. Truthfully, it was awesome! Sometimes I wish I had some of that stuff on-hand at home for those "not so good" days. He giggled and laughed over everything for the next hour. We actually had a lot of fun! In this picture he is still a little giddy.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Poor kid!! The medicine does sound great. Ummm...what was it called?! Maybe Lee could hook us up!! Just kidding.