Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Sun Room is Finally Tiled

Okay, I have no pictures to show off all of my hard work on the sun room, but I have to make a record that the floor is complete! Kevin and the boys went to Hartsville for a week and I stayed home because we have many unfinished projects around the house that need to be completed, plus I had to work. My goal was to tile the sun room while the kids were gone. When I watched DIY, it looked so easy so I figured I could do it as easily as it looked. Well after taking many trips to Home Depot and spending far more than I planned, the tile floor has been installed. I must say that it took me a lot longer than I had planned (they make it look so easy and quick on DIY), and now I have started the painting! The tile looks good (a few errors), however I did not measure to see if I would have enough of the tile that we had on hand. I did run out, however, luckily I started in the middle and worked my way out. I went with a darker tile for the borders and it looks like I deliberately created it that way. Each night when the kids go to bed I have started painting the sun room. Hopefully I will be done by next week.

5 comments:

Erin said...

COngrats! What an accomplishment! I'm glad you finally figured it all out after several phone calls to Josh...;0) I can't wait to see it in a few weeks! I am still planning to come up when Josh goes on the bike ride, but probably not stay all week. I'll let you know what day we want to come over! Love ya!

Erin said...

PS-When can you come up and help me figure out this baby room?;0)

Cathryn said...

Wow! It sounds like you have been so busy! Great job on your hard work. You need to post pictures, I would love to see it. I love projects!

Paper Blizzard Story said...

You amaze me, girl! I'm sure it looks awesome. You must post some pix! Love you!

Lyna said...

Susan saw your blog on Hieidi's blog thought i would share mine with you. Check us out at wonderfulwhaleysblogspot.com